The Indiana University East sculpture exhibit features seven captivating contemporary works. The
tranquil outdoor gallery is the perfect place to pause for reflection or enlightenment.
Every two years artists from across the United States are invited to submit their work for consideration
to be included in the sculpture garden. In 2017, there were 66 artists who submitted 114
pieces to be juried for the exhibit.
IU East has nine sculpture pads that were added to outside areas during the campus construction
and renovation of the quad area. The renovation for the quad was designed to provide a more
amiable space for campus visitors, gatherings and events. These improvements included
additional landscaping with a rain garden, pergola and seating.
- Luke Achterberg, Lexington, Kentucky, “Calibration,” located behind Whitewater Hall
- Rollin Karg, Kechi, Kansas, “Kinetic Beam 2.2,” located near Springwood Hall
- Gary Mitchell, St. Louis, Missouri, “Wamazon,” located in front of Hayes Hall
- Victoria Nieman, Oak Creek, Wisconsin, “The Unending Ache,” located near Tom Raper Hall
- John Parker, Glenside, Pennsylvania, “Daddylonglegs,” located in front of Whitewater Hall
- Mary Ratcliff, Jacksonville, Florida, “Symbiosis,” located near the Whitewater Hall patio
- Greg Mueller, Spartanburg, S. C., "Portal for the Agrarian," located in The Quad, permanent addition from 2015-2017 show.